30 Jun MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR $1,200 FEDERAL STIMULUS CHECK
If you don’t make enough income to have to file taxes, you may miss out on the federal STIMULUS check, also known as the Economic Impact Payment.
Here’s how to get yours:
• Go to the IRS web page www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here
• Select the blue “Enter Your Information” button and input your information.
To receive the payments, individuals must provide their information to the IRS and apply for the
payment no later than October 15, 2020.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A STIMULUS CHECK?
All U.S. citizens, permanent residents and qualifying resident aliens who:
• Have a valid Social Security number,
• Could not be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer, and
• Had adjusted gross income under certain limits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Use the IRS Non-Filers Tool www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here to check your eligibility and file for this payment. Use this tool if you are not required to file a federal income tax return for 2019 for any reason including:
• Your income is less than $12,200
• You’re married filing jointly and together your income is less than $24,400
• You have no income
FOR HELP WITH BASIC NEEDS, VISIT NJHELPS.ORG
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT STIMULUS PAYMENTS, VISIT